Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes 1.34

StormHunters v1.3.4 Patch Notes

• "Norepop" areas will no longer repop if a player corpse is in the area. Credit: Philly
  • Mob resistances have been implemented. Nothing is in place yet, but expect to see them in the Hydra revamp.
  • Teleporter rooms will no longer have gathering nodes. Credit: A bunch of people
  • Sibyl rooms will no longer spawn gathering nodes. Credit: Philly
  • A new spell, "boiling blood", has been added for mobs. It does nothing at all for a number of rounds, but cannot be dispelled. Once it expires, it unleashes huge fire damage.
  • A new spell, "poison nova", has been added for mobs. It launches poison in all directions, dealing poison realm damage and afflicting the victim with a random, powerful poison. This spell will hit everyone who is not in the caster's group.
  • A number of new skills have been added for use in combos and Hydra mobs. They have shelps: Openers:
  • Overwhelm
  • Quickstrike
  • Shadowstrike
  • Crush
  • Siphon
  • Paralyze
  • Bloodrage
  • Convert
  • Jab
  • Bridges:
  • Charge (revised)
  • Sweep
  • Venombite
  • Gutbuster
  • Atrophy
  • Drain
  • Tear
  • Surestrike
  • Blitz
  • Finishers:
  • Lacerate
  • Lunge
  • Assassinate
  • Dispatch
  • Overload
  • Energize
  • Quarter
  • Challenge
  • Deaden
  • Rupture
  • Darkflood
  • Lifetap
  • All old combo skills have been removed. These new ones all have varying degrees of threat generation that are discussed in the helpfiles.
  • The amount of damroll factored into autoattacks has been decreased significantly.
  • Missing a finisher will no longer use up combo points. Additionally, you will be able to build up a combo against multiple enemies simultaneously (this also means that you can't bounce openers back and forth between mobs)
  • A bunch of new helps were added... save, quit, rent, gathering, combos, openers.. a lot. It's something boring to do to pass the time at work.
  • An ASCII mapper has been added (Conf +/- mapper) and the "map" command will show a larger map.
  • The "stun" skill will be removed.
  • Added new apply slots for healing taken, hp regen, mana regen, movement regen
  • Hydra encounters have been revamped. They are now much more controlled -- you will no longer have a super easy run (1 mob per fight) or impossible runs (6 mobs per fight).
  • Loot Tables are done. These are essentially easy tools for builders to use that should hopefully handle all the randomization of drops. For instance, instead of the multiple checks for Primary Hydra drops, it'll choose a random point in his loot table to start, and then drop something. It'll allow builders to choose the number of items a mob can drop, which will be guaranteed on every kill, and the chance of any non-guaranteed items. Eventually, this may lead to 'global' loot tables, where all mobs of a given level can drop item X.
    In-progress: Hydra mobprogs and Hydra equipment revamp. I'm aware that these are not the projects that I said I would work on... I think that constraining myself to specific tasks/work was making me REALLY not want to do anything [Image: icon_razz.gif] So now I'm back to coding whatever I find fun at the moment.